Immersive Florilegium Tours
Take a guided tour of Grootbos Private Nature Reserve and the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery to discover the intricate details of the Cape Floral Kingdom and how this biome inspired the exquisite botanical art of the Grootbos Florilegium.
Honouring A 25 Year Old Legacy Through Art
Nestled in the heart of one of the world's most biodiverse biomes, Grootbos Private Nature Reserve offers luxurious accommodation and immersive experiences in nature. Part of the Grootbos ethos has always been to protect and celebrate the Cape Floral Kingdom that we call home. As an expression of this mission, the Grootbos Florilegium shares the botanical wonders of our region with the rest of the world. This unique collection of botanical art is housed in the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery, where visitors can enjoy a closer look at the intricate beauty of the fynbos.Find out more
Florilegium Half Day Tour - R1 900.00 per person
Experience a 4x4 botanical safari on the Grootbos Reserve, followed by a guided tour of the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery to witness the Grootbos Florilegium. End off the tour with a delicious 3-course botanical lunch at Bellavista Country Place while enjoying breathtaking views of the fynbos and Walker bay.
Book the Florilegium Half Day Tour and explore the botanical wonders of Grootbos.Book Half Day Tour
Included in Half-Day Tour Price:
- A welcome drink upon arrival.
- Guided 4x4 Botanical safari through Grootbos Private Nature Reserve.
- Guided visit of the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery.
- Three-course Botanical Lunch at Bellavista Country Place.
- Drinks during lunch.
- Transportation to and from Bellavista Country Place.
- Any purchases of personal nature.
- Tour Duration: Four and a half hours - including botanical safari, gallery tour and lunch at Bellavista.
- Where: Bellavista Country Place, on the R43 between Stanford and Gansbaai.
- When: Tours are available all year round on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- Time: 09:30 – 14:00
- Weather: The Southern Cape climate allows for tours to operate all year round.
- What to Wear: Please wear comfortable walking shoes and bring along a warm jacket.
- Minimum age: 12 years old.
- Fitness Level: There is no specific fitness level required for this half-day tour.
- Experience Level: No previous experience is needed to enjoy this botanical safari.
Botanical Art Gallery Tour - R300.00 Per Person
Discover the fascinating stories of the Cape Floral Kingdom as told through the medium of botanical art on this two-hour guided tour of the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery.
Book an art gallery tour and discover the wonders of the Grootbos Florilegium.Book Art Gallery Tour
Included in Art Gallery Tour Price:
- Two-hour guided tour of the Hannarie Wenhold Botanical Art Gallery with a specialised guide.
- Light refreshments will be served after the tour.
- Transportation to and from Grootbos Private Nature Reserve
- Any purchases of personal nature
- Tour Duration: Two hours
- When: Tours are available all year round on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturdays.
- Time: 10:00 – 12:00
- Where: Grootbos Private Nature Reserve, on the R43 between Stanford and Gansbaai.
- Weather: This is an all-weather tour as it takes place indoors.
- What to Wear: Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes.
- Minimum age: 12 years old.
- Fitness Level: There is no specific fitness level required for this gallery tour.
- Experience Level: No previous experience is required.
Explore The Grootbos Florilegium
Get a glimpse of what awaits on these unique tours of the Grootbos Florilegium.